Air coolers are heat exchangers used in the chemical and petrochemical industries, in heat transfer processes as condensers or evaporators. The coolers are made of tube bundles arranged in bays, with two or more fans mounted on a steel structure.
The fin tubes which ensure the heat transfer can be manufactured by extruded or embedded fins from:
- Carbon steel;
- Stainless steel.
The main parameters defining these type of heat exchangers are:
- Number of horizontal or vertical row;
- Total surface of heat transfer;
- Air flow free surface;
- Diameter: max. Ø 5500 mm.
- Length: 30.000 mm./section
- Shell Thickness: max. 63 mm.
- Temperature min./max.: -40° 600°C
- Pressure: max. 450 bar
- Weight: max. 80 tone
Carbon Steel, Carbon Steel Alloy, Stainless Steel, Clad Steel (Monel), Duplex, Super Duplex, Cu-Ni Alloy etc.